Business Objects Xi3 Services not starting.

I did a fresh install of business objects Xi3, into a fresh oracle database, so it should have just worked!

But it didnt. When I tried to log onto the Central management console, it got the error message that the server was not running. Sure enough a quick netstat showed me that it was not bound to port 6400 which would indicate it was up.

After trying a few things, I noticed that for some reason in the database settings for the Server Intelligence Agent, on the configuration tab were all missing.

So after stopping the Server Intelligence Agent service I edited the CMS System database configuration, configured it as it needed to be and saved the settings. Restarted the Server Intelligence Agent, and tried to log on again. FAILED. 🙁

After a bit of poking around, I thought I would try restarting the BusinessObjects Data Services service. Bingo, everything kicked into life.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This blog is kept spam free by WP-SpamFree.